Pages - Menu

Monday, July 30, 2012

Ready to submit


 Update:- 7/31/2012

The major confusion area of this dress is the shoulders. I got all messed up with that. Pattern pieces 3 & 4 are to be joined/sewn down the long way. This will save you tons of time if you do it correctly the first time.

Also don't ever forget to add your seam allowance on Burda Pattern. I actually aced it this time around; usually I have to put the project away because I missed that step.

**********************************************************
I have done it!!! I just finished my dress and took some quick photo of it. I'll write a full review shortly, in a few days or so.

My project of choice was Burda Magazine 08/20122/119. Paris is Everywhere dress.
I love this dress, it is very elegant as the description states. The instruction on the other-hand is somewhat cryptic but I managed to get through it without losing my mind.

It is an exact replica and I feel confident I can make it in less time with less use of the hem ripper.

These photos are not the best, but I'm running out of time and I missed my jog today. Guess I'll have to double up and run 8 miles tomorrow.

 Here is the front view
 Photobucket
 Here is the side view,I guess I was in the right position for the sunlight. This is the true color of the fabric
Photobucket
 This might be a better front view
 Photobucket
 And yes another side view
Photobucket

 I am very excited to call the photographer now and say I'm ready for my close-up.
Thanks for reading.

4 comments:

Aminat said...

Lovely dress and beautiful color on you

Myra said...

I love this dress and your fabric selection/color was perfect! I can see why you love it! Funny I saw your post on Pattern Review...and noticed you are in Wisconsin, where I'm from! I visit almost every year (only in the summer! ) because I've gotten so use to the warm weather here in Florida that I can't take the cold anymore! Like you, I love to sew and want to do nothing else!

Good luck and hope to see a lot more of your beautiful creations!

Renata said...

Aminat, Thanks for the comment, always glad to hear from you.

Myra :) Wisconsin is a big change from Trinidad! I have gotten use to the cold now HAHAHA. Thank You for sharing your comments. I love to sew, it's hard to find time with all I do. I'm excited about the contest, don't think I'll be placed real high. I so very happy to have signed up, completed, and submitted my project.

Sew Blessed Maw said...

I love your dress, and it looks great on you. Happy sewing.